Saturday 1 January 2011

Texturing

 This was the part I dreaded the most. I knew it would take the longest.....and it did.

 This is the UV map for the main body. I decided to do Automatic Mapping for this, this was the most organised of the mappings I could do, I had to painstakingly colour each bit and figure out where each of the smaller bits went on her so I didn't colour them the wrong colour.

It took a while to say the least.

I had to go back a number of times and re-colour bits because I got muddled up on all the small bits. I know there is a much easier way to do it, but I had such trouble doing it and Automatic Mapping was the easiest in such a short time frame, next time Id make sure Id left enough time to texture and unwrap my model, I need to research it more and this was really my first time texturing.

 This is the Face UV map. I chose Cylindrical Mapping for the face, this unwrapped the face mesh so it was flat for me to paint, I darkened the areas around her eyes so shed have bags, I also darkened the ears to make them look a little different and give them some volume.

This is the UV map for the hair. I used Cylindrical Mapping, same and the head. This mapping produced the best result. I changed the hair colouring a bit. rather that it being all yellow, I made the edges yellow.

 This is the UV map for the eyes, I used Spherical Mapping for the eyes, it seemed the most logical choice for the eyes seeing as the are spheres,I added the pink for the blood shot eyes shes meant to have, I didn't do the pupils because they were separate spheres so only had on sold colour.

This is the UV map for the skirt. I used normal mapping for this, I found a small tartan texture online and then took it into Photoshop and tiled it for my skirt, I thought this pattern was the best out of the ones I found.

Overall I went for simple colours and textures, mainly because this is my first big texturing project as well as modelling. I'm a lot more confident with texturing now, perhaps I'll come back to this character and put different textures on her. The other reason is that the brief asks for a clay-mation type of texture, so I kept it simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment