Wednesday 24 November 2010

Initial Ideas

These are the sketches I did for my character. Originally I was quite happy with how she turned out.
At first I tried a simpler younger looking version, I had this idea because shes young, so a simple cartoon version of her would make her look young.


Seeing as shes based on a lemur I wanted her to be flexible, so I tried some sketches of her in unusual positions.
These were 2 possible hair designs I tried, the one on the right was thought of to yet again try to make her look younger. In the end I chose the one on the left with a few changes.

This is the final design for her.
I was very pleased with how she turned out to begin with, I liked her design but I was really happy with it. I didn't think it really stuck to the brief all that well. So I decided to change my design. I knew this was risky so far into the project but I didn't feel she fit the brief and I also decided that she would have been very difficult to model.

No comments:

Post a Comment