Monday 29 November 2010

Back to the drawing board

So after being initially happy with my design I changed my mind. I just didn't feel that she really stuck to the brief so I went back and re read the brief.



Pocahontas Billiams – “Willie’s  sister, she’s seven years old but much more relaxed and more knowing than her sibling. She wants to be a gorilla.”

I decided to keep some aspects of my original design but she still dramatically changed. 

The word "relaxed" was the what I focused on to create her character. What is relaxing? What could make her interesting a different? I then decided that for her to be relaxed she was going to smoke weed. Now I couldn't very well make a 7 year old girl smoke weed. To get around the legal issues of an under age child smoking weed I decided that it was OK because she was part Lemur and that seven in Lemur years is a a lot older than that of a human, so it was perfectly fine for her to smoke it.

I then begun my designs.

No comments:

Post a Comment